Britain's most bizarre business names revealed
Deciding on a memorable name for your company and the associated branding is a big consideration for the marketing of any small businessess - larger corperations have teams and huge marketing budgets on how to sell their products or services , is it as easy as coming up with a humourous name to attract customers ?
- A survey by Vistaprint six in 10 respondents would prefer to see more businesses embrace a quirky name rather than just something that described the store
- And more than a third were more likely to recommend a business with a witty name, compared to a more traditional name.
Apparantly according to The Daily Mail one in ten people are more likely to remember a funny company name from more than 10 years ago - I can agree with that due to local company "William The Concreter" who's based in Battle Deb N Hair in Bexhill and Surelock Homes in Hastings
- Two-thirds of those surveyed claimed a humourous name appealed because it made them smile, and half said it made the store easier to remember.
- Despite having no relation whatsoever - a quarter of respondents thought they would get better service from a shop with a great name.
- Four in 10 said they would like to live close to a shop with a funny name, with hairdressers benefiting the most from a witty company name.
Here are the most popular ( and genius ! )
1 : Cornwall carpet cleaner Spruce Springclean
2: Portsmouth-based locksmith Surelock Homes
3 : London wine bars -Planet of the Grapes.
4 : Florists Floral and Hardy
11. Deja Brew, Coffee House, Denton
12. The Chopfather, Barbers, Bristol
13. Barnie's Rubble, DIY Shop, Bolton
14. Facial Attraction, Beauty Salon, Pontypool, Wales
16. Hair Raid Shelter, Hairdressers, Downham Market, Norfork
17. Alan Cartridge, Office Supplies, Leeds
19. Frying Nemo, Fish and Chips Shop, Yorkshire
20. PG Trips, Bus Charter, Houghton le Spring
If you need further inspiration Vistaprint have some advice :
Any suggestions ? Join in the conversation ..